In 1944 Hiroo Onoda was sent to Lubang Island and given two orders: 1) hold the island against the enemy, and 2) do not surrender under any circumstance. World War 2 ended less than a year later. Onoda, however, staying true to his orders and disregarding all reports that the war was over, continued to fight on Lubang Island.
Lubang Island Lighthouse
For 30 years he harassed villagers and soldiers with his guerilla activities, surviving through his wits and the island’s abundant resources. Only in 1974 when his original commanding officer flew to Lubang Island and ordered him to lay down his arms did Hiroo Onoda finally surrender.
Lubang Island beach
The Lubang Island of today is surprisingly unchanged from the time of 2nd Lt. Onoda. Partly due to his destabilization operations that slowed down development, much of the island remains wild and mysterious.
Lubang island’s rock island
On this adventure we take to the jungles, caves, rivers and beaches where Onoda waged his 30 year war. As we surrender to the rugged beauty of Lubang Island, we may understand why for Hiroo, giving it up was not an option.
Lubang island diving spots
Activities and Trip Highlights:
- Hike jungle trails and enter caves that Hiroo Onoda used
- See the abundance of life in Lubang Island and learn some of Onoda’s survival techniques
- Ply the island’s coastline on boat and come ashore to explore its many distinct beaches.
- Skin dive in one of the biggest marine sanctuaries in the country
- Explore Lubang Island’s amazing features such as mangroves, waterfalls and seaside rock formations
|Dates (Sat to Wed)||Maximum group size|
|April 2 – April 6||7|
|April 30 – May 4||7|
|May 14 – May 18||7|
|May 28 – June 1||7|
|June 11 – June 15||7|
|June 25 -June 29||7|
Price: USD $480 perperson
- All land and water transportation for the duration of the trip
- 4 nights accommodations (2 nights home stay, 2 nights seaside hut)
- All meals for the duration of the trip (from lunch of Day 1 to lunch of Day 5)
- All fees associated with the specified activities
- Guiding service
- Airfare to Manila
- Travel insurance
Mobile: (63) 920 969 9619
Office: (632) 621 5399