The festival’s name comes from the Filipino terms hiyas (jewel) and pahiyas (precious offering).
Pahiyas Festival 2010
This feast is an ancient farmers’ harvest celebration that dates back to the 16th century. According to legend, San Isidro Labrador magically plowed the field whenever he went out of the church. This is the story that the Spaniards passed on to the Philippines from Mexico during their colonial period.
Since then, the Pahiyas Festival has been a source of excitement for the locals and visitors of Quezon Province.(wikipinas.org)
TRAVEL DATE : May 15-16, 2010
* Round trip tourist bus transfer (Makati-Lucban-Caliraya-Makati)
* Day Tour in Lucban for the Pahiyas Festival
* Overnight accommodation at Caliraya Recreation Center
* 1 Buffet Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in Caliraya
* Entrance fee inclusive of boat ride (approximately 2-3 minutes)
* Jeepney transfer inside the resort ( 24hrs )
* Free flowing coffee & tea during meal time
* Free use of the swimming pool.
* Use of facilities (Slip and Slide, Earth ball game and Obstacle Course, Slide Pinoy)
Please note that the above quoted price is for a minimum of 5 persons in a room and that rate and availabilities are not guaranteed until purchased.
Min of 4 pax in a room: Php 2,488/person
Min of 3 pax in a room: Php 2,688/person
Min of 2 pax in a room: Php 2,988/person
Min of 1 pax in a room: Php 4,138/person
Travel Date: May 15-16, 2010 / Purchasing Period: Mar 23 – Apr 10, 2010
FOR RESERVATION PLEASE CONTACT:
DISCOVER ASIA INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL AND TOURS
UNIT 203 MANILA EXECUTIVE REGENCY TOWER., J BOCOBO ST ERMITA, MANILA
HOT LINE NO: 3534493
TEXT SUPPORT: 09064704500 (Globe) / 09215088443 (Smart)
EMAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR GROUP BOOKING (20 pax and up), PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO:
EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
visit our website : www.discoverasiainternational.com
Watchout for Pahiyas Festival 2011 Schedule of Activities