There isn’t any company that doesn’t love having their customers give them kudos, so its always fantastic when it’s time for consumers to vote on their favorite companies in the travel industry. This year the customers came out in droves for the Holiday Extra’s Customer Service Awards.
Regular folks gave the thumbs up and their personal voet to the best companies in the business. And let’s face it, if you want to really know who is good and who is bad, ask the customers, right?
Well, the customers certainly had their say at the Holiday Extras Customer Service Awards. Run by the online travel website Holiday Extras, these awards have been around for three years and just get better and better as more folks get involved in them.
The success of a business is usually measured in dollars, but there is no better way to measure success than by allowing the customers to vote and highlight their favorite travel companies. In this contest, it was Holiday Extras customers who got to make their mark. With a wide range of categories, it makes sense that those customers with special needs, such as families traveling with children have the chance to vote on things
like best airline for kids.
This year also brought out some fun awards too like the most inspirational film. Here is the complete list of winners and categories.
- Most Inspirational Film – Shirley Valentine
- Best Airline: Emirates
- Best Airline Cabin Crew: Emirates
- Best Airline for Value for Money : easyJet
- Best Airport: Belfast International
- Best Airport Car Park: Edinburgh Park and Fly
- Best Airport Hotel: Gatwick Sofitel
- Best Airport Hotel Restaurant: Manchester Premier Inn
- Best Airport Lounge: Edinburgh Servisair
- Best Airport Hotel for families: Manchester Premier Inn
- Best Airline for Travelling with Babies: Virgin Atlantic
- Best Airline for Travellers with a Disability: Virgin Atlantic
- Most Inspirational Travel Film: Shirley Valentine
- Best Travel Guide Publisher: Lonely Planet
More than 66,000 customers put their votes to the ballot this year which is triple the number who voted last year. The awards were held September 15th in London and hosted by Simon Calder.
Cheap Travel and Tour Packages:
- travel and tour (78)